We’ve been fighting hunger with the Souper Bowl of Caring since at least 1998. That’s more than a quarter of Covenant’s more than 100-year history! Hunger and food insecurity have a negative and lasting impact on children and families. Here in Delaware County, thousands of individuals and families are at risk of going hungry. It’s a fight against big numbers and the numbers have recently been on the rise:
Food Insecurity by the Numbers in Delaware County:
- 15.9% of children are considered food insecure
- 51,730 people overall are food insecure
You can be part of the team that wins this battle. Join the Delco Souper Bowl of Caring food drive this February and make a world of difference for your neighbors. You can help in any of the ways listed below.
Community Food Drive
Get-the-Word-Out Saturday: February 3rd
- Help distribute food drive fliers to homes in Aston / Morton / Ridley / Rutledge / Springfield / Swarthmore / Westbrook Park.
Bring-the-Food-In Saturday: February 10th
- Help collect food donations from homes in Aston / Morton / Ridley / Rutledge / Springfield / Swarthmore / Westbrook Park and deliver to collection sites.
We need volunteer crews to make this food drive happen! Email email@example.com to sign up for a route.
Covenant Church Food Drive
Do your own food drive.
- Grab a collection box.
- Stick a SBOC sign on it (get one in Wesley Hall or here).
- Fill it!
- Drop it off at Covenant by Sunday, February 11th.
Donate to the cause!
- Drop off canned and non-perishable food items at Covenant Church through Sunday, February 11th.
- We also need boxes! Drop them off with a food donation.
- Make a financial donation on our giving page.
- Donations can be dropped off anytime from January 21st through February 11th in the entrance to Wesley Hall (the glass entry doors on Saxer Avenue).
Donations will go to the Loaves and Fishes food pantry in Prospect Park and the Shorter AME food bank in Morton.
Complete the drive into the end-zone.
- Sign up to help with boxing up donations on February 11th so they can be delivered to local food banks.
- Then help us deliver the donations.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
Get People to Take Notice
Put up a Souper Bowl of Caring lawn sign.
- Request a lawn sign to let everyone know there’s a need and that we want to do something about it.
- We just need the address of the person volunteering their lawn
- Our Lawn Sign Team will both put the sign up (week or so before collection) and then take the sign down.
- Contact Don Cadge (aka Sign Man) at email@example.com or 610-742-1081 to get a sign for your lawn.
Thank you! Your efforts will help address food insecurity here in Delaware County.
For more info about the Delco SBOC, go here: delcosouperbowlofcaring.weebly.com.
Got questions? Wanna sign up? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.